Annexes & Mobile Homes
Similarly to our bespoke garden rooms, our annexes and mobile homes are individually designed. You will be able to choose size, shape, windows, external cladding and much more.
All our annexes & mobile homes are built on site. This allows us to get into hard to reach site and will give you a much higher quality standard of building which can be compared to a new build house, with an insulation value as or above those required by building regulation.
- Required paperwork – whether you chose to go for an annex or a mobile home, we will help you with the required paperwork
- Ground works – we will prepare your ground for the new structure, connect water, sewage, electricity and internet
- High standard specification – all our annexes and mobile homes can be compared to a new build house, with an insulation value as or above those required for building regulation.
- Fully completed – we offer a turn-key service, so you won’t have to do anything
- Bespoke design – each mobile home is designed taking into consideration the client taste, need and available space.
Where to start?
If you have any question about your idea simply call us, we will be very happy to help. Alternatively you can book a Free Site Survey during which we will visit you in your garden to discuss your project.
Each of our bespoke garden rooms is designed individually with you in mind. After our Free Site Survey we send you design proposal with a detailed estimate, so you will know how much your garden room will cost. The examples below are shown to give you an idea of how much they can cost depending on the size and standard finish.
What is the difference between an Annex and a Mobile Home
Aesthetically and in the quality of building there is no difference. Mobile Homes don’t have to stand on wheels or look like a caravan.
The main difference is in the small print of the law:
- Mobile Homes do not require planning permission and can be installed in protected areas, Areas of Natural Outstanding Beauty and everywhere else where obtaining a planning permission would be impossible.
- Mobile Homes have 0% VAT rate while Annexes have 20% VAT.
The table below illustrates few more differences.
|VAT||20%||0% (with bathroom and kitchen)|
|Planning Permission||Required||Not Required|
|Building Control||Required||Not Required|
|Size||As permitted by planning application||20.6m x 6.7m (65.61ft x 21.98ft)|
|Height||As permitted by planning application||3.05m (10ft) floor to ceiling|
|Ability to relocate||No||Yes|
If you have more questions please feel free to get in touch with us and we will answer all your questions. From our experience, after successfully building a number of mobile homes, we would recommend this route as cheaper and faster way to your perfect garden building.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a planning permission for your a mobile home?
Our mobile homes do not require planning permission, as in the light of the law they are not classified as buildings. Therefore they can be installed in areas where obtaining a planning permission from the council is often impossible, or where permitted development rules do not apply.
How tall can the building be?
The maximum height of luxury mobile home can be 3,05 m (10 feet) inside between floor and ceiling. The external height is not restricted. In case of annexes the height will only be restricted by the planning application, but as standard we would recommend 2.4m inside space.
Will there be a problem in installing a bathroom if my garden slopes down?
No, we can install a toilet more than 100 metres (300 feet) away and 7 metres (21 feet) below your house. If this is too far we also have other options which will solve this issue.
Can we install a green roof on your annex or mobile home?
Yes we can, and it is a lovely feature. We usually advise a green roof when you can see the roof of your new building from the house.